Asphalt Technician – York PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Asphalt Technician is responsible for testing the mat density using a nuclear gauge, and to establish establish a roller pattern. The Asphalt Technician will primarily work on project sites in Central PA and Northern MD. A successful candidate should possess a NECEPT certification and prior experience using the TROXLER nuclear gauge. We offer a competitive wage and a benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Company Match and paid PTO/Holidays.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of the functions of a nuclear gauge
- Document and follow the Kinsley procedures of nuclear gauge testing
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Knowledge of how to achieve compaction based on the rollers being used
- Must effectively communicate with the Paving Superintendents and Foreman
- All candidates must be self-motivated
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation is required
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.