Assistant Building Division Controller
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Assistant Building Division Controller is responsible for assisting the Building Division Controller with reviewing financial reports prepared by Project Accountants, confirming all established processes and procedures are being followed by the project management teams, and assisting in the development and implementation of continual growth and operational improvement strategies for the business. The Assistant Building Division Controller shall also assist the Building Division Controller and Corporate Controller in preparing and reporting financial statements conforming to generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
A successful candidate should possess applicable accounting and management experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Assist in ensuring that accounting systems comply with the established corporate and division policies and procedures.
- Assist with monitoring the financial progress of jobs in the Building Division by reviewing and publishing Job Cost Analysis Reports (variance analysis) that compare actual job costs to budgeted job costs on a proactive and timely basis.
- With the closing of each month, assist with reviewing the building division jobs with the Building Division Controller, looking at the percentage of completion, the gross profit percentage and the over/under billings.
- Work with the accounting staff, Corporate Controller and VP of Finance on day-to-day accounting and operational issues; solve problems by gathering data and analyzing results.
- Assist with monitoring and educating staff on accounting policies, techniques and fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of all job related matters.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Assist project staff in regards to owner audits, owner or subcontractor claims, open and problem AR collection issues and other related financial issues.
- Assist in preparation of the Division’s sales forecasts, budgets, backlog and gross project projections along with other financial analysis and forecasts.
- Assist with Viewpoint Administration for the Job Cost and Project Management modules including training of all Building Division administrative and accounting personnel.
- Oversee the job set-up and job budget transfer process within our Viewpoint Construction software system.
- Assist with support and aid in the further development of the Division’s subcontractor compliance program.
- Oversee and/or handle the accounting for various corporate joint ventures.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office required, Vista/Viewpoint preferred.
- At least 5 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience required; prior experience in construction industry strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and develop staff.
- Strong organization, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with all personnel within the organization and facilitate communication effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Apply Online Submit Resume