Assistant Construction Project Manager – Hagerstown MD
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven Assistant Project Manager for our growing Building Division based in Kinsley’s Hagerstown, MD office. The APM is responsible for all aspects of the project in the construction phase from pre-construction planning through completion of the project closeout under the direction and oversight of a Project Manager. Duties include technical documentation, jobsite communications with the Project Superintendent and subcontractors, scheduling and cost analysis.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree or background with demonstrated field experience, computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Service the client in a timely and respectful manner, meeting or exceeding his or her expectations.
- Direct project engineer and project assistants.
- Negotiate and purchase materials, services and subcontracts for assigned projects.
- Coordinate with the superintendent to ensure that projects are properly manned to meet schedules and budgets.
- Approve and forward submittals for all shop drawings and material samples according to schedules.
- Conduct project start-up and ongoing project conference meetings and prepare written minutes according to Kinsley’s accepted format and distribute same.
- Work with architects, vendors, estimators and on-site supervisors to facilitate timely and profitable completion of quality projects. Revise budget reports to reflect actual prices when contracts or commitments are received.
- Send a subcontract or purchase to the appropriate subcontractors of vendors, in order to establish the price to be paid for their services or goods.
- With the assistance of the estimator, project engineer and superintendent, establish a construction schedule (i.e., CPM and bar chart) and review the project budget.
- Notify, coordinate, and schedule subcontractors and materials.
- Work with the project engineer and project superintendents, reviewing job progress and cost reports with them regularly; guiding, advising and assisting them to meet job specifications and helping them adhere to project schedules.
- Provide information from the Project Estimate to the Field Supervisor, as required, to properly manage a profitable project. Enable them to complete jobs within budget and complement the superintendent on a job well done. Together, the Project Manager and field superintendent shall be accountable for results.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly project costs prepared by project engineer and project accountant and report any alarming inconsistencies to management.
- Visit the project sites weekly, or as required, to review problems, progress of schedule, compliance with plans and specifications, and the quality of work being performed.
- Prepare all change order requests for the client’s approval. Coordinate the estimating of all change orders with the project estimator or subcontractor. Document all field directives from the owner or architect that change the scope or original design of the contract documents.
- Process and coordinate changes in the project including design changes, lost days, scope revisions, alternate construction methods, etc., keeping all appropriate parties informed.
- Conduct a punch list walk-through with the owner, architect, and major subcontractors.
- Conduct job summary meetings with project team at the end of the project to discuss performance of subcontractors, budget analysis, schedule analysis, estimate analysis, discussion of key problem areas, noteworthy positive occurrences, and discussion of any items remaining for close-out.
- Meet with subcontractors to review their job progress and implement plans to meet the schedules.
- Manage Quality Control including preparatory meetings, initial inspections, testing, commissioning, and final inspections.
- Manage conflict and problem resolution.
- Originate and/or review, submit, log and distribute RFI’s and the RFI responses.
- Responsible for the coordination of all sustainability (LEED) documentation and requirements with the Project LEED AP.
- Assist in business development of marketing proposals and presentations (Planning and documentation).
- Prior Project Management experience preferred; Project Engineer experience required
- Prior field construction experience preferred
- 2-4 Year post-secondary degree preferred
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.