Commercial Construction Superintendent – Reading PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a motivated Commercial Construction Superintendent for our growing Building Division. Based in Kinsley’s Reading, Pennsylvania, office, the Superintendent will primarily work on projects in the Delaware Valley, Lehigh Valley, and greater Berks County areas. The Superintendent is responsible for directing and coordinating all activity associated with the construction of the project (and site if part of overall scope for the project) in accordance with established schedules, budgets, plans, specifications and procedures.
A successful candidate should possess an engineering or construction management degree or background with demonstrated field experience, computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Review and understand the project plans and specifications.
- Review approved submittals and shop drawings for implementation in the field.
- Review the subcontracts and purchase orders for the project and have a clear understanding of the scope of work for each subcontractor or supplier.
- Monitor daily sign-in sheets for all persons on the job site; coordinate the schedule and activities of all crews and subcontractors working on the project.
- Conduct, lead, and participate in regular meetings with foreman, project manager, project engineers, owners, among others.
- Coordinate layout for the buildings with in-house personnel, outside surveyors and site superintendent.
- Participate in developing the CPM master schedule by working in conjunction with the project manager in establishing durations and sequencing of work with emphasis on internal and contractual milestones and end dates.
- Create and maintain a three week look ahead schedule in accordance with the CPM master schedule; prepare daily job reports.
- Develop with the project manager an on-site staging and rigging plan.
- Receive material deliveries and maintain material staging plan and on-site inventory.
- Analyze and coordinate equipment and manpower requirements with site superintendent to ensure best utilization of manpower and equipment.
- Perform quality inspections and ensure accuracy with building documents; create a deficiency list of non-conforming work and distribute to applicable parties for immediate corrections.
- Develop contact list and schedule all required inspections for the building elements; confirm the work is complete prior to scheduling the inspections.
- Ensure compliance with all safety directives issued by safety department, project engineer, general superintendent, project manager or other outside party.
- Ensure accurate reporting of time and quantities for phase of work under you control.
- Properly code and promptly forward all delivery tickets and paperwork to the office.
- Oversee and coordinate final project close-out including “Completion of Work Deficiency Log” and completion of punch-list.
- Participate with the project manager/project engineer in subcontractor evaluations at the close of a project.
- Responsible for daily monitoring all T&M field order directives (man-hours, materials, equipment and detailed description of work).
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Must have five to ten years of construction field experience; demonstrated superintendent experience required.
- Two- to four-year college degree preferred.
Apply Online Submit Resume