Construction Estimator – York PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a motivated Construction Estimator for our growing Special Projects department of the Building Division. Based in Kinsley’s York, PA office, the Estimator prepares estimates for part of or all of a project, and must work as part of a team.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree or background along with applicable field experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- Develop preliminary project schedules.
- Review plans and specifications for completeness and prepare RFI’s for additional information required.
- Prepare detailed estimates and update the current project estimate for changes or additions to the scope of the project for the project using the Timberline computer estimating systems.
- Prepare takeoffs for all work including, but not limited to, concrete, steel, carpentry, doors, specialties and equipment installations.
- Obtain competitive pricing from material suppliers and subcontractors as required.
- Work with the project manager to purchase and order materials required for the project as may be required to facilitate project start-up.
- Monitor cost on projects for variances to the estimate and for use in preparation of bids on future projects
- Secure required bid bonds and coordinate insurance requirement.
- Review contract requirements with in-house legal and subcontractors.
- Coordinate the final scope of work, contract, manpower and schedule requirements with subcontractors prior to award of the subcontract.
- Experience or comfort with construction and estimating software including Timberline/Sage, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, On-Screen Takeoff, Paydirt, and more.
- Advanced comprehension of drawings and specifications.
- Prior construction estimating experience preferred
- Prior construction field experience preferred
- 2-4-Year post-secondary degree preferred
Apply Online Submit Resume