Project Accounting Assistant – York PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and disciplined Project Accounting Assistant who is responsible for assisting with accounting and administrative duties for our Steel Fabrication and Erection team. The Project Accounting Assistant primary tasks include assisting with project invoicing and payment process, subcontract/purchase order preparation and compliance tracking, and change order preparation. You will be responsible for supporting Project Management to help ensure a profitable, successful project.
The Project Accounting Assistant will report to the General Manager (GM) and will work alongside the Project Accountant and Project Managers. A successful candidate should possess strong computer skills, great attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Project Contract – Setup and maintain, as applicable, the Transfer Sheet, Insurance, Bonds, etc.
- PO’s / PSA’s / Subcontracts – Create with Project Manager (PM), enter into Viewpoint, and distribute for execution
- Maintain the MBE logs for tracking overall compliance with required goals
- Create and maintain the billing schedule for all projects
- Work with Project Managers to prepare monthly project billings and email to GM for approval
- Mail/UPS hard copy billings as required
- Become and maintain a PA State Notary in order to notarize documents within the division
- WIP’s – Update monthly data into the master WIP sheet; PM’s will enter their “PM projection”
- Coordinate and reserve hotel accommodations for field employees and reconcile corresponding credit card statements and invoices
- Reconcile monthly and weekly credit cards for the GM
- Setup Project Field Books for new projects
- Fab shop timecard entry into Viewpoint on a daily basis
- Assist the PM’s with various project submittals and other clerical items as needed
- High school diploma required; post-secondary degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior accounting experience required; construction or manufacturing project accounting experience and knowledge strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of administrative support experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required; Viewpoint experience preferred
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.