Project Engineer – Timonium MD
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and disciplined Site Work Project Engineer for our growing team. The Project Engineer is responsible for providing administrative support which is required to manage the project to an assigned Project Manager.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree or background along with applicable field experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review and process properly transmitted contract documents
- Assist in the preparation and issuance of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Completely review and process shop drawings
- Assist in the preparation of request for information and change orders
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the project schedule
- Update the project schedule as directed
- Monitor field productions and assist in preparing production reports and costs to complete as directed
- Properly code material and subcontractor invoices
- Assist project manager with subcontractor and material supplier coordination
- Organize and maintain contract documents and shop drawings
- Setup and maintain job files
- Monitor all long lead items and notify the project manager of any problems.
- Assist in the preparation of the project close-out manuals
- Assist the project manager to assure that all items on the punch list are complete in a timely manner
- Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree preferred
- Prior field construction experience and knowledge preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.