Project Manager – York PA
WHO WE ARE
Kinsley Properties is a fully integrated real estate developer of commercial and residential properties. Our team develops and manages a growing portfolio of over 150 commercial buildings occupied by over 400 individual business tenants and several residential apartment communities. We continue to grow our portfolio of owned properties by developing new projects using new construction or by purchasing and repurposing existing properties. Our projects range in value from a few million to $50 million. Our commercial properties are leased to a wide variety of office, retail, manufacturing, warehouse, and institutional users in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our focus is to develop high quality real estate projects that we will own and operate for the long term and that add value to our portfolio. We seek opportunities to provide quality, cost competitive development that exceeds the end user’s expectations. We strive to build relationships with our tenants and provide flexibility to accommodate their changing needs. If you are motivated, solution-focused, results-oriented, and a true team player, we want to talk to you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Project Manager (PM) will work within the project planning and construction team and report directly to the Kinsley Properties Vice President of Design & Construction (VPDC). The PM shall assist the VPDC in all aspects of project planning, design, project budgeting and project administration through construction and project close-out. The PM may be assigned total responsibility of all the above project tasks when project size dictates. The PM will act as the owner/developer representative to service providers and building contractors hired by Kinsley Properties. In the capacity of owner/developer representative, the PM shall manage communications, contract administration, project schedule and oversight of the performance of those service providers and contractors. This position is to coordinate the developer’s work from the owner/developer position and oversee the project execution but not act as the construction project manager. The PM will solicit quotations from service providers and contractors for both budgeting and award of the work. The PM shall be familiar with construction means, methods and typical cost of construction to assist in evaluating and selecting service providers and contractors to execute our projects. The ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities while meeting critical deadlines is a must. The PM will work at our York, PA Water Street office. An ideal candidate should possess strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Company Match and paid PTO/Holidays.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Negotiate and purchase materials, services and subcontracts for specifically assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Attend project start-up and ongoing project conference meetings.
- Advise and coordinate with project team to review job progress and cost reports in order to meet job expectations and project schedules.
- Work with tenant, architects, and contractors to resolve project issues.
- Refer all legal problems concerning projects to senior management for action.
- Monitor monthly project costs prepared by project team and report data to the VPDC.
- Visit the project sites as required to ensure compliance to plans, specifications, schedule and quality.
- Document and communicate all change orders that could modify scope, design, construction methods and schedule of original contract documents.
- Conduct a punch-list walk-through with the tenant, architect, and major subcontractors.
- Coordinate final payment and job close-out documents (as-built drawings, substantial and final completion forms, maintenance manuals, etc.).
- Conduct a job summary meeting with the project team at the end of the project to discuss performance of contractors, budget analysis, schedule analysis, estimate analysis, discussion of key problem areas, noteworthy positive occurrences, and discussion of any items remaining for close-out.
- Service the client in a timely and respectful manner, meeting or exceeding his or her expectations.
ESTIMATING / PRECONSTRUCTION
- Provide budget estimates during the Schematic, Design Development and Construction Document Design Phases.
- Obtain competitive pricing from material suppliers and contractors as required.
- Work with other members of the project team to prepare the final proposal, including detailed scope of work (if applicable).
- Monitor cost on projects for variances to the estimate and for use in preparation of bids on future projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering or architecture preferred but not required.
- Hands-on field experience in the commercial construction industry preferred.
- 5 Years estimating or preconstruction experience preferred but not required.
- Project Management experience on small to mid-size projects preferred but not required.
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.