Commercial Construction Superintendent – Herndon, VA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a motivated Commercial Construction Superintendent for our growing Building Division. Based out of Kinsley’s Metro DC office located in Herndon, VA the Superintendent will primarily work on projects in the greater DC metro market. The Superintendent is responsible for directing and coordinating all activity associated with the construction of the project (and site if part of overall scope for the project) in accordance with established schedules, budgets, plans, specifications and procedures.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree or background with demonstrated field experience, computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
- Review and understand the project plans and specifications
- Review approved submittals and shop drawings for implementation in the field
- Review the subcontracts and purchase orders for the project and have a clear understanding of the scope of work for each subcontractor or supplier
- Prepare Daily Job Reports
- Monitor Daily Sign-in Sheets for all persons on the jobsite; report to the project manager or project accountant immediately any tier subcontractors or suppliers that are not on the vendor working with vendor forms for the applicable subcontractors.
- Conduct weekly Superintendent / Foreman meetings and prepare written meeting minutes in accordance with Kinsley’s accepted format and distribute
- Maintain the field office in a neat and orderly fashion
- Coordinate the schedule and activities of all crews and subcontractors working on the project
- Coordinate layout for the buildings with in-house personnel, outside surveyors and site superintendent; develop primary and secondary control lines and distribute their locations and values to all subcontractors
- Participate in developing the CPM Master Schedule by working in conjunction with the PM in establishing durations and sequencing of work with emphasis on internal and contractual milestones and end dates
- Create and maintain a three week look ahead schedule in accordance with the CPM Master Schedule
- Develop with the Project Manager an on-site staging and rigging plan; include but not limited to trash chute, hoist, cranes, dumpsters, material laydown, trailers, and site security
- Receive material deliveries and maintain material staging plan and on-site inventory
- Conduct E & S Site Checklist Inspections as required if the Site Contractor is not on site
- Participate in weekly in-house scheduling meetings as well as owner meetings as requested
- Analyze and coordinate equipment and manpower requirements with site superintendent to ensure best utilization of manpower and equipment
- Perform quality inspections and ensure accuracy with building documents; create a deficiency list of non-conforming work and distribute to applicable parties for immediate corrections
- Develop contact list and schedule all required inspections for the building elements; confirm the work is complete prior to scheduling the inspections; walk with the inspectors and document any deficiencies
- Ensure compliance with all safety directives issued by safety department, project engineer, general superintendent, project manager or other outside party
- Ensure accurate reporting of time and quantities for phase of work under you control
- Properly code and promptly forward all delivery tickets and paperwork to the office
- Oversee and coordinate final project close-out including “Completion of Work Deficiency Log” and completion of punch-list
- Participate with the PM / PE in subcontractor evaluations at the close of a project
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- Responsible for monitoring all T&M Field Order Directives of (CCD) work on a daily basis (man-hours, materials, equipment and detailed description of work)
- 5-10 years construction field experience, including demonstrated Superintendent experience required
- 2-4 year college degree preferred
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.