Purchasing Agent – York PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Kinsley’s Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Division is looking for a talented self-motivated Purchasing Agent to assist our team with our growing operation.
Kinsley’s Steel Fabrication and Erection Division is an industry leader in steel construction and specializes in structural steel design, miscellaneous metal design, engineering, detailing, fabrication, erection, and retrofit of existing members.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Selects and negotiates with approved vendors for the purchasing of steel and other components utilized in the steel fabrication and installation process.
- Works with approved vendors to negotiate pricing agreements for upcoming projects
- Reconciles purchase orders against receiving shippers
- Logs Material and Heat Certifications
- Assists our estimating department on material availability, lead time issues, and current market pricing for projects they are bidding.
- Updates and Maintains Inventory.
- Aid in monthly reconciliation of Fabtrol and Viewpoint.
- Develop and maintain beneficial vendor relationships.
- Effectively communicate and track trending material price changes to management and various team members
- Assists in the mining and analyzing of data.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments/terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Maintains and updates our purchasing operating procedures to ensure compliance with our AISC requirements as well as participates in annual 3rd party quality audits.
- Handles special projects as assigned which can be broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- 3+ years’ experience in procurement, sourcing or similar experience
- Excellent negotiation, communication, organization, problem solving and planning skills
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in a challenging environment
- Must be a team player and flexible to work in cross functional teams
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- Knowledge of Structural Steel shapes and sizes preferred but not required
- Experience with Fabtrol preferred but not required (willing to train in the use of Fabtrol)
- Experience with Viewpoint is a plus but not required (willing to train in the use of Viewpoint)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications and database functionality in Excel
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.