Senior Electrical Engineer / Designer
WHO WE ARE
Engineered Solutions Group, an affiliate of Kinsley Construction, is a leading mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering and virtual design organization that operates mainly in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our collaborative project approach sets the standard for communication with our customers to provide client-driven solutions and satisfaction. As an organization, we must be flexible and react quickly to customer needs as well as market demands, therefore that’s what we look for in individuals. We are a service organization whose mission is to provide efficient solutions to our customers’ challenges. If you are motivated, solution-focused, results-oriented, and a true team player, we want to talk to you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer / Designer for our growing team. Based in ESG’s York, PA office, this individual will have an opportunity to work on projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic region with various responsibilities including project estimating, design, CAD drafting, coordination, quality control, energy services, site inspections, and commissioning within a variety of project delivery methods.
A successful candidate should possess an Electrical Engineering degree and/or applicable field experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
- Works as part of a project team to facilitate collaboration and communication on all aspects of MEP coordination and building design from early preconstruction and design, to construction and operations.
- Assist with 2D & 3D drafting/modeling as needed.
- Full and complete design of electrical systems for buildings, including extensive knowledge of the following disciplines:
- Electrical service design and power distribution.
- Short circuit, fault current, coordination studies.
- Voltage drop calculations.
- Coordination with the electrical requirements of mechanical and plumbing equipment
- Coordination with the electrical requirements of architect specified or owner supplied equipment
- Lighting design, fixture selection, photometric analysis, lighting controls.
- Fire alarm.
- Low voltage systems including data, telecom, CATV, CCTV, security, and access control.
- Drafting of MEP drawings utilizing Revit and AutoCAD for various project delivery methods.
- Complete layout and scope definition for design/build bridging documents and permit documents.
- Developing scope narrative and bridging documents through reviewing owner furnished RFP’s, site visits of existing facilities, and meetings with potential building tenants.
- Coordination with electrical subcontractor’s to develop budget proposals based on bridging documents to ensure a complete scope of work and functional building.
- Complete electrical service applications and coordinate the approvals for customers, building owners, and Kinsley-owned properties.
- Visit sites to ensure quality control and coordination, as well as complete project closeout inspections and generate punch lists.
- Review and respond to shop drawings and subcontractor RFI’s.
- Coordinate with estimating team to complete design document takeoffs and generate scope checklists.
- Participate with de-scoping of contractor bids on bid days.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials, fee proposals for design services, commissioning services, BIM services, and design/build collaborations with sub-contractors.
- Perform building audits and existing building investigations.
- Review design documents and hard bid construction documents to identify coordination issues, value engineering opportunities, and quality control.
- Develop design standards and generate a library of standard details and specifications.
- Share “lessons learned”, best practices, and procedural recommendations on completed projects with rest of the department as well as inter-department with other Kinsley Construction employees outside of ESG.
- Look for new or innovative ways for the Engineered Solutions Group to benefit the company.
- Minimum 6-8 years progressive experience within the Design and Construction Industry, specifically in Electrical Design or Engineering
- LEED Certification or the willingness to sit for the exam after accruing the appropriate experience within the Department
- Ability to design, document, and specify all aspects of a building’s electrical system with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with building owners, tenants, and architects to develop a project scope of work and ensure a completed project meets all of the client’s needs.
- EIT certification or Professional Engineering (PE) license a plus.
- Ability to coordinate and manage entry level electrical designers and CAD technicians to complete projects and develop a comprehensive set of plans and specifications
- Proficient in Revit 2015/16/17 and AutoCAD 2015/16/17; technical skills related to BIM software (Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks, AutoCAD
- General understanding of various building types and occupancies including healthcare, commercial office, distribution, education, manufacturing, and industrial.
- General understanding of related building systems – Structural, Sitework, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Protection
- General understanding of design and document coordination across multiple disciplines.
- Comprehensive experience with the design process through programming, schematic, design development, and permit/construction documents.
- Knowledge of the permit standards, documentation requirements, and approval requirements of various townships throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Knowledge of all building codes and standards applicable throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland
- Knowledge of the electrical service application process and the documentation requirements of various utility companies
- Familiarity with the Commissioning process
Apply Online Submit Resume