Property Maintenance Technician – York, PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Kinsley Properties is seeking an experienced, dependable and customer service focused Property Maintenance Technician. The Property Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Property Manager and will be dispatched to do service call work as defined by Tenant phone calls for service in Kinsley Properties buildings or from work assigned by the Property Manager as routine maintenance on properties. The position is a five day a week job with a normal start time of 7:00 AM and end time of 3:30 PM each day. Some overtime may be offered. There is also an on call week to include after hours and weekend work assigned to a Property Maintenance Technician on average of one full week per month. The Maintenance Technician will work out of a company provided vehicle.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- After a project has been identified, independently complete the work assigned and identify all issues that require attention
- Responsible for the use and storage of company tools and equipment, time keeping, detailed paperwork, and arriving on time for scheduled work
- Track material and equipment usage and purchase new items in a timely fashion with the Property Office Manager
- Participate in meetings with clients prior to and throughout the maintenance process and document those interactions
- Evaluate maintenance projects to ensure vendors are following terms and conditions, as well as scope of work for subcontracts
- Disperse accurate information from the client to the Property Manager and relay updates back to the client in a timely manner
- Attend weekly meetings with office staff to discuss job status, scheduling, general information, employees needs etc.
- Provide individual project information for Kinsley Properties archiving and ensure information is accurate and up to date
- Help to create and maintain relationships with subcontractors and material suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of hands on commercial construction experience with proficient understanding in the areas of carpentry, drywall, painting, concrete, doors and hardware etc.
- Comprehension of construction drawings, specifications and building codes
- Comprehension of construction systems, materials and how to maintain them
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to stay productive
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Trade School degree or equivalent work experience
- Valid driver's license is required
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.