Rebar Estimator / Detailer – York, PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Kinsley’s Rebar division is seeking a driven and experienced Estimator/Detailer for our growing team. Based in Kinsley’s York, PA office, the Estimator will develop detailed take-offs and prepare estimates for all types of structural concrete projects. A strong background in detailing and the willingness to do both estimating and detailing are required. A successful candidate should possess a 2-year or 4-year degree in engineering or constructed related courses or a background with applicable drafting and estimating experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review plans and specifications for completeness and prepare RFI’s for additional information required
- Prepare detailed estimates and update the current project estimate for changes or additions to the scope of the project
- Prepare detailed takeoffs
- Obtain competitive pricing from material suppliers
- Develop and send proposal letters with a detailed scope
- Coordinate the final scope of work, contract and fabrication schedule requirements with clients
- Generate detailed shop drawings and develop an accurate bar list for fabrication.
- Work with the Shop Foreman to facilitate project start-up
- Monitor cost on projects for variances to the estimate and for use in preparation of bids on future projects
- Communicate with clients and be able to trouble shoot field complications.
- Stay abreast of current technology and construction methods in an effort to continually improve production and quality
- Must have time management skills and be able to meet bid schedules
- Advanced comprehension of drawings and specifications
- 5 years of previous estimating or detailing experience preferred
- 2-4 year post secondary degree preferred
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.