Utilities Project Engineer – Lancaster, PA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and disciplined Project Engineer for our growing Utilities team. Based in Kinsley’s Ephrata PA office, the PE will primarily work on projects in the greater Central PA market. The Project Engineer is responsible for providing construction management including administrative and technical support to the Project Manager. Duties include technical documentation, jobsite communications with the Project Superintendent and subcontractors, scheduling, and cost analysis.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree with a concentration of Utility work, along with application field experience, strong computer and communication skills, and a willingness to learn.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review and process properly transmitted contract documents
- Review, organize, maintain, and process contract documents and shop drawings
- Assist in the preparation of change orders
- Monitor costs and field quantities on a daily basis
- Update the project schedule as directed and prepare daily job reports
- Monitor field productions on a daily basis and assist project accountant in preparing production reports as directed
- Properly code and promptly forward a delivery tickets and paperwork to the office
- Setup and maintain job files
- Assist in developing a project punch list as well as assuring that all items on the list are complete in a timely manner
- Assist with Quality Control including preparatory meetings and final inspections
- Record project conference meeting minutes and return to the project manager for review
- Assist with all sustainability (LEED) documentation and requirements
- Shadow the project superintendent to gain field experience
- Originate and/or review, submit, log and distribute RFI’s and the RFI responses
- Prior PE experience preferred
- Prior field utility construction experience preferred
- 2-4 Year post-secondary/technical degree preferred
Apply Online Submit Resume
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.