Gilbane selected Kinsley to assist with a one-story addition to house the new Regional Infectious Containment Unit, designed specifically for COVID-19 patients. The facility includes 20 patient rooms, respiratory therapy and all support spaces.
Our scope of work included:
- Demolition of the existing building wall and the hardscaping and parking lot located within the addition’s footprint
- Fabrication and erection of 100,000 pounds of structural steel, as well as miscellaneous metals for sink supports and brick lintels
- Excavation and grading for the new building pad, as well as hardscaping and backfill once the addition was complete
- Relocation of an existing storm drain and installation of a new storm drain and sanitary sewer
- Rebar and concrete for foundations, slab-on-grade and form work
New Regional Infectious Containment Unit (RICU)